Search This Blog

Sunday, 18 November 2018

Reading - The Cay, E-portfolio Sample - Comprehension, Term 4 2018

Reading -The Cay, E-portfolio Sample - Comprehension


Write an “ITTM” for the following sentences:


After a moment of silence, I heard the sizzle of the water as Timothy doused the torch.
I think that means….
After a time of no sound, he listened to the drips of liquid as he put out the flames.


For more than a week, I knew he had been labouring over nails to turn them into fish hooks.
I think that means….
Days after the week, he realized he had been fidgeting over a spike to make it become a a curved sharp metal that
catches sea animals.

Roadblocks! There were many roadblocks for us in this book! Choose at least two of the following words to explain and ‘clear the roadblock’ for.
Alabaster - is a clear rock that is comfortable against your hands.
Cay - a deep divot of rocks and seaweed especially in the espanol area of America.
Jumbi - badluck
Langosta - a shelled consumable
Malaria - a sickness


Write down at least three things Phillip learnt whilst on the cay (for example, about himself, caring for others and life etc)
He was learning how to take care of animals and humans.
Phillip learnt how to know directions .
He learnt about surviving on the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment